Author: Mohammed Rafi, Oracle Technical Principal Consultant, Namos Solutions
PWAs are web apps that use service workers, manifests, and other web-platform features in combination with progressive enhancement to give users an experience on par with native apps. PWAs are smaller, enabling faster loading than native web applications and lowering the bounce rate.
Steps to implement VBCS application as Progressive Web Application
1) Navigate to web application settings and under settings click on PWA tab and click on Enable Progressive Web App (PWA)
2) Next click on Create, to Create Offline Fallback Page
3) Offline Fallback Page (offlinePage.html) is created
4) To stage the application from right side hide menu select Stage
5) Select Populate Stage with Development data which starts staging the application
6) Go to the Visual Applications and from Status column click Stage and select the application name
7) Now you can find icon to install PWA from the browser bar and once you click it will prompt you to install PWA
8) Finally can find that the VBCS application runs out of the browser which is meant as PWA. The same application can be installed on Android or iOS device.
Namos Solutions are an award-winning Oracle OPN Modernised Partner specialising in the implementation and support of ERP, EPM and HCM business solutions, both in the Cloud and on-premise.
Click to learn more about our Infrastructure Services